Drive forklift truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move raw paper materials and in process products and finished products, equipment, or materials in warehouse. May load and unload semi trailer trucks. Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies. May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device. Perform safety checks on lifts. May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank.
- Must be skilled in handling controls for starting, stopping, backings, and driving fork lift or clamp truck through aisles in building, up and down ramps, and in and out of railroad cars, trucks, etc.; and, for lifting, lowering, and tilting forks by moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate controls.
- Must know how high, wide, and long the fork lift truck and its load are, and how much the fork lift truck can lift.
- Good special ability to identify how high and wide a doorway and an aisle must be to drive the fork lift truck and its load; how high and wide the shelf, bin, etc., must be to place the load; and how high the load must be lifted to reach the shelf or bin.
- Must be able to recognize whether the fork lift truck is able to lift the load and whether the load is properly balanced.
- Knowledge of the layout of the storage area to be able to find and place items without need for detailed instructions.
- Must be flexible with working overtime, weekends and holidays
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.