Forklift Operator- Full-time/Nights
Posted: January 27, 2017
Reference ID: 5000179267510
Unloads transport trucks delivering finished products to the warehouse and stores it in its designated warehouse space. Loads empty pallets and plastic storage flats/shells for the transport truck to return to the manufacturing location. Position loads pre-made, multi-product pallets on to local delivery trucks. Position will likely have housekeeping duties such as recycling plastic, mopping/sweeping, and ensuring cleanliness standards). Must be able to pass Forklift Driving Skills test.
This position requires lifting cases weighing from 20-45 pounds repeatedly throughout a long work period. Also requires carrying and lifting cases while reaching, bending, climbing, walking/standing to move product through warehouse. Position may include periodic weekend and/or holiday work.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES:* Operate a forklift in a safe and orderly manner * Receive and store incoming items according to warehouse standards* Maintain a safe and orderly storage arrangement for all items handled* Maintain cleanliness in assigned area (e.g. yard and warehouse)* Reload route trucks promptly and safely* Sort and store partial cases of products returned on route trucks* Maintain records of daily check list (pre-trip inspections)* Comply with GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES, safety, audit and food safety standards* May be required to work with production equipment and associated technologies* Meet performance / productivity standards * Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
* 18 years or older; 21 years or older if CDL Required
* Pass the drug test / physical capabilities test (if applicable)
* Pass the background check
* Must be able to pass Forklift Driving Skills test
* Valid CDL license (if required)
* Pass DOT physical and DOT Road Test (if applicable)
* Working in a high-speed manufacturing environment (e.g., team-oriented, deadline driven, high performance demands, fast-paced, etc.)
* Driving a forklift (e.g., performing basic operations such as driving forwards, driving backwards, lifting and lowering boom, maneuvering in tight areas without damaging product, etc.)
* Working with racking systems and loading/unloading pallets (e.g., pulling and placing pallets on/off vertical product racking systems and trucks, maximizing storage by stacking products vertically, etc.)
* Working with standards of operation (e.g., OSHA requirements on minimum/maximum speeds, signaling, putting products in appropriate areas, etc.)