**Requisition ID:** 27414BR
**Job Title:** Forklift Operator-MRF
**Division:** 3154: GDS Recycling
**Location:** 37026: Conover-130 Somerset Dr Ext
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
The Forklift Operator – MRF is responsible for the safe operation of the forklift at a recycling facility or MRF. For the purpose of stacking baled material, loading of trailers, and emptying full containers throughout the facility in an efficient and safe manner.
• Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors are clean, and equipment is in proper operating condition
• Reports to shift supervisor for daily work assignments.
• Responsible for loading of trailers with baled material safely and efficiently.
• Responsible for organizing baled material in the warehouse.
• Coordinates with supervisor to empty full containers of recycled materials and trash bins throughout the day in and around the facility.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time;
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 1 year of prior related experience in forklift operation.
• Minimum 1 year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Must complete and pass OSHA's requirements for forklift certification (powered industrial truck) training as set forth in 29 CFR 1910.178.
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.