Monsanto is seeking an exceptionally talented scientific leader to become an integral member of our multi-disciplinary Chemistry organization as a Formulations Lead. This role will have responsibility for leading the development of new and improved formulations designed for our global agriculture business. The primary focus will be on leading experimental work and driving product development through the application of formulation & delivery science.
Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Monsanto. Our best-in-class technologies deliver sustainable agriculture solutions that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving precious natural resources. Monsanto Technology is comprised of a multifaceted group of scientists working together to revolutionize crop protection chemistries, plant breeding, and biotechnology. Our Formulations & Delivery group develops innovative new formulations by identifying and advancing underlying technologies and continually improving our development processes. Monsanto is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a top 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and by Great Place to Work's Top 25 World's Best Multinational Workplaces.
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
• Leading the development of formulations, strategies, and delivery technologies
• Designing, preparing and testing product concepts for new and improved formulations that deliver differentiated product performance and handling characteristics
• Leading external collaborations with key global business partners
• Strategizing with key stakeholders across the company in R&D, Commercial, Regulatory, Quality, and Manufacturing to direct selection and product advancement
• Acting as project and technical champion on multi-disciplinary teams to provide diverse audiences with updates through presentations and technical reports
• Limited travel to domestic and global field testing and production sites to guide product evaluation and commercialization
Required Education & Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of Ph.D. in Chemistry, Colloid Science, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field of study
• Minimum of two or more years in a scientific leadership role with a successful track record of directing multi-disciplinary teams and communicating deliverables to stakeholders
• Product development experience - e.g., agrochemical, consumer products, paints & architectural coatings, food formulations or other related areas
• Experience defining and driving technical problem-solving initiatives
• Strong understanding of fundamental formulation science and delivery technologies
Desired Education & Skills/Experience:
• Three or more years post-graduate applied research/product development experience, preferably with agrochemicals, or in other related industries - e.g., consumer products, paints & architectural coatings, food formulations
• Understanding of IP landscape and technology trends in AgChem Industry
• Understanding of agronomic practices in various pesticide modes of action
• Experience with development, scale-up, and transfer of production processes to commercial manufacturing
• Working knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.