GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Fort Worth Business Relationship Manager - Engineering IT
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This role will provide contemporary technology solutions that enable business and enterprise outcomes and develop a strong foundation of Information Technology skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
In addition, you will:
* Convert business needs into functional specifications to define product criteria
* Influence customers, product managers and engineering teams in design decisions, technology choices and time lines
* Exhibit deep understanding of domain, industry trends and potential impact
* Allocate and be responsible for the quality of work in others, including leading contract teams to accomplish project deliverables; may train new team members in specific technology or process area; developed interpersonal skills to handle complex situations
* Communicate with direct team and with others in IT that are outside of direct organization and have influence in the same technical space
* Present to senior leaders (EB) within direct organization
* Work as the strategic interface with assigned areas of the business for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management
* Serve as the relationship linkage between the business and IT
* Provide highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout key IT initiatives
* Facilitate, and serve as a lead, for the planning and execution of initiatives to enable the Business to achieve objectives through the effective use of technology
* Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding service requests, projects and initiatives
* Proactively serve as a "trusted advisor," and function as a key point of contact for IT business stakeholders
* Represent IT to the Business by promoting IT's vision, value, services, and capabilities
* Act as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs
* Communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
* Work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries
* Share their knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Business.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Information Technology)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Business Analysis
* Minimum of 5 years of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) leadership
experience, preferably with Teamcenter
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* ITLP graduate
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.