Wells Fargo’s Foundational Data Program mission is to be the single authoritative and strategic trusted source for common, company-wide data. The team’s goal is to standardized common data centrally for cross-functional use across multiple systems. Leveraging common data throughout Wells Fargo is imperative in enabling regulatory compliance, operational efficiency, and enhanced customer experience.
Foundational Data Manager / Business Systems Consultant Manager will engage in critical initiatives to support Wells Fargo through the Foundational Data Group in Enterprise Data Analytics.
- Manages a Business Systems Consulting staff that, as liaisons between a line of business and the technical organization, plans, conducts and directs analyses of technological solutions for moderately complex to complex applications that may impact multiple lines of business and/or products and systems
- Oversees and facilitates evaluation of business requirements, recommending and directing the implementation of appropriate technological alternatives.
- Provides specialized, in-depth technical expertise and consultation to business and systems management
- Manages staff to ensure effective design, analysis, project management, programming, training, implementation, and maintenance of enhancements.
- Reviews and recommends technology policy and assists in the systems planning process.
- Identifies risk factors and establishes/implements appropriate controls.
- Develops RFPs and has responsibility for vendor oversight and selection as appropriate.
- May prepare and/or administer a budget, resource planning and forecasts
Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA), which offers Chief Data Office capabilities to Wells Fargo, focuses on leveraging data as a strategic asset. Data is critical to Wells Fargo’s continued success, deepening relationships with our customers, creating a seamless and convenient multi-channel experience, and meeting our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs. EDA defines how we use information across the company, align our business practices and support our continued focus on great customer experience.
Who We Are:
- 7+ years of information technology experience
- 3+ years of leadership or management experience, in an IT environment
- 3+ years of data warehouse experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Exposure to Wells Fargo data warehouses such as: EIW, BMG, MDSS, Hemisphere, IMS, SMS, or CMODS
- Knowledge and understanding of data analysis, modeling, and mapping
- Teradata experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience with customer data – Hogan CIS, WCIS
- Exposure to ETL tools, such as Ab Initio (EME, Metadata Hub, Express>IT, DQE)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.