DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Foundry Operator will be responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform basic setups, use manual grinding tools, sandblasting; operate wax injection presses, grinding and abrasive cutoff machines.
- Meet established dimensional requirements according to blueprints and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
- Operate production equipment to produce sub-assemblies or finished products.
- Perform visual and dimensional product inspection using drop indicators, venires, gauges and related equipment.
- Assist with quality control inspections of products on assembly line.
- Clean equipment as needed.
- Notify supervisor of maintenance and/or repairs needed on equipment.
- Prepare accurate records/documentation related to work in progress.
- Report production problems.
- A minimum of a High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in shipping/receiving, product reconciliation and SAP transactional tasks is required
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a machine shop or production line environment, machining precise finished products is preferred.
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an environment that has gone through Lean process changes preferred.
- Experience operating a Pour Robot and working with molten metal is preferred.
- A minimum of one year operating wax injection presses, automatic grinders, ceramic mold creation and or cutoff machines is preferred.
- Experience with routine machine inspection preferred.
- Experience with measuring devices preferred.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric tolerance dimensions preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (read, write, and speak) in English is required.
- Basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and compute percentages and work with decimals is preferred.
- The ability to stand and/or walk more than 80% of the time is required.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unaided is required.
This position is located in Raynham, MA and is on 2nd Shift (hours are from 2pm-10pm) and may require additional overtime, including Weekends and Holidays.Primary Location
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function