Microsoft provides a great channel for product impact that touches the lives of millions of users daily, in an environment at the cutting edge of high-performance computing. This effort also involves close collaboration with Microsoft Research (MSR) and other Microsoft product groups to help define the future of computing in this space.
This position would serve as a combination of FPGA build engineer, system maintainer/writer, documenter, and first line support engineer. This position is based in the Puget Sound area. Learn more about our team and projects here https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
• Writing / maintaining build scripts (mostly a combination of MSBuild and Powershell)
• First line support for both homegrown tools & vendor tools
• Packaging various build and simulation tools
• Maintaining FlexLM license servers
• Building/debugging test FPGA images to validate code as part of release process.
• Develop small reproducible test cases and coordinate with Intel to fix Quartus bugs
• Develop acceptance tests for tool and build packages
• Developing / running / maintaining validation & regression scripts or framework
• Writing documentation for homegrown tools
Skills/Experience (we'll consider candidates with at least half of this list):
• 1+ year Verilog, System Verilog or RTL proficiency
• 1+ year FPGA compile & build using Intel PSG Quartus (less desirable but acceptable: Xilinx Vivado)
• Powershell (less desirable, but acceptable: bash, zsh, other Unix shells)
• RTL Simulator (e.g. Questa, VCS, Verilator)
• Python (or similar scripting language)
• English (writing)
• VSTS (or similar – e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins + JIRA)
• Nuget (or similar – e.g. pip, deb, rpm)
• Flexera FlexLM licensing
• C#/Java or other mainstream, compiled programming language
• Technical writing
• Cloudbuild (an internal MSFT system) experience
• AutoPilot (an internal MSFT system) experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.