Franchise Manager (Michigan)
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posted: April 03, 2017
Reference ID: 40000_640936
The Franchise Manager (FM) serves as the primary point of contact representing the KO total portfolio to Great Lakes Coca-Cola's Michigan Business Unit, and will be accountable for the geographic area of the Business Unit. The FM will steward the development of the beverage brands of The Coca-Cola Company with primary accountability of growing revenue, volume, share and transactions through:
1. Business Plan Stewardship
2. Capability Building
3. Channel Strategy and Execution
3. Commercial/Customer Alignment
4. Relationship and Contractual Management
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
Business Plan Stewardship
▪ Weekly/monthly performance management stewardship; revenue, volume, share, transaction metrics.
▪ Monitors performance versus execution objectives, re-plans as necessary and provides feedback to key stakeholders.
▪ Stewards commercial strategy and plans with Franchise owners for local market execution (i.e., SSD IC recruitment strategy)
▪ Responsible for collaborating on the contingency plan to deliver ABP performance in channels to include revenue, volume, share, net outlets, SOVI (share of visual inventory), and pricing within Market Unit.
▪ Standardizes common approach to capability building based on bottler segmentation
▪ Assesses local Bottler commercial capabilities against established commercial strategies and objectives using the core measures within the Global Commercial Leadership Diagnostic Analysis Model; identifying gaps and develops action plans to improve capabilities
▪ Coordinates training/development enables more effective processes, scorecards and business routines to achieve the annual business plan.
Channel Strategy and Execution
▪ Work with franchise commercial manager to steward the planning process that is in place bi-monthly, ensuring all customer plans are included.
▪ Be the SME for Large Store, Small Store and FSOP Channel Plans and work with respective GLCC Market Units to execute the plan.
▪ Provides Bottler performance feedback to Franchise Leadership "serving as voice of the market" for GLCC.
▪ Monitors market conditions and reports competitive activity to management, Bottler and local associates in order to understand program effectiveness and any implementation barriers.
▪ Work with Commercial Manager to support the development of commercial stewardship bi-monthly planning stewardship
▪ Ensure all National Retail, National Foodservice and Regional (CCNA call point) customer plans are communicated within planning process to ensure end to end execution.
▪ Manages discretionary budgets related to CCNA support for execution in the market as well as Cold Drink Equipment
Relationship and Agreements
▪ Understands bottling contract and National Supply Chain agreements
▪ Ensure connection to CCT leads from bottler for all governance stewardship
▪ Understand governance agreement and how governance routines work
▪ Lead RCLB meeting when in Chicago (Region Customer Leadership Board)
Bachelor's Degree required
5 or more years of relevant experience required
10 or more years of relevant experience preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS and CAPABILITIES
▪ Annual Business Planning
▪ Customer and Distributor Management
▪ Franchise Capabilities: System Alignment, Collaborating for Value, Influencing Key Stakeholders, Shared Metrics
▪ Commercial Capabilities: Picture of Success, Performance Scorecard
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top