Fraud Investigator I
At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Capital One has celebrated milestones, including:
- Top-10 bank by deposits
- 148 on the Fortune 500
- 1,000 bank branches
- 2,200 ATM locations
- More than 31,500 associates globally
- 50 million customer accounts
We’re excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped change our industry for the better.
If you’d like to reach more than 50 million customers with your ideas, then Capital One just might be the right move. We’re the world’s first bank where it’s OK to color outside the lines. We disrupted what was “normal” 25 years ago, and we haven’t looked back since.
As part of the Capital One 360 Bank Operations team, you will join a mobile/digital environment where “status quo” is a dirty word and boundaries are there for exploring. You will be empowered to carry out the mandate of ensuring the day-to-day operations activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner. We pride ourselves on providing the best in class methodologies to ensure the customer experience is unsurpassed in quality.
If you’re ready join a team of savvy professionals who know how to take technology to the next level, who aren’t afraid of getting there quickly, and who strive to create simplicity in every day interactions, then look no further. This is the place for you!
The Deposit Fraud Investigator I is responsible for performing various duties required for the daily control and processing of deposit fraud investigations. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and curious, and will leverage research to mitigate fraud losses. In addition, the Deposit Fraud Investigator I will also need to identify and analyze fraud trends and recommend new rules to prevent additional losses.
* Investigate accounts to detect and mitigate losses
* Analyze statistical data on accounts
* Understand and ensure compliance with Regulation E with respect to the timeframes that govern disputed transactions
* Respond promptly and professionally to internal and external customers regarding resolution of issues
* Exercise exceptional communication skills in an effort to optimize each contact with customers and external vendors/banks
* Responsible for continuous improvement of job knowledge by exercising strong listening skills and asking questions for clarity
* Establish and ensure compliance with departmental standards and processes to increase production and accommodate work volumes toward enhanced customer satisfaction
* Participate in special projects as needed
* Undertake other projects/duties as assigned by Management
-High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
-1 year of experience in Financial Services or at least 1 year of experience in the Insurance industry or at least 1 year of experience in Law Enforcement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
-Bachelor's Degree in Business or Criminal Justice
-2 years of fraud experience specifically related to deposit fraud (analysis, investigations, or risk management)
-1 year of Fraud experience or Capital One Retail/360 Bank experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.