Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Fraud Operations, Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations, and Divisional Management. Fraud Operations is a global organization responsible for assessing, mitigating, and preventing fraudulent activities across multiple product lines and services in order to protect the firm and its clients.
In an effort to protect our clients' assets, provide a safe and secure banking environment, and to minimize financial losses to the Firm from systematic security risk, the Fraud Operations Team is tasked with monitoring and analyzing client activities in order to detect and curtail fraud. The Card Fraud Operations Team's primary responsibility is the identification, mitigation and incident management of potential fraudulent banking transactions detected by a suite of detection tools and the expeditious investigation and resolution of client initiated fraud claims. The Fraud strategist role will include the development and execution of fraud strategies to drive fraud loss reduction while ensuring our clients receive a world-class point-of-sale experience while limiting any disruption to the clients activity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Proactively identify fraud trends utilizing SAS data extractions, analyzing and recommending fraud authorization and or detection strategy changes
- Assess strategy performance post-implementation regularly and recommend revisions to balance fraud loss budget vs client disruption
- Establish and manage the identification of emerging common points of purchase not yet identified by the industry.
- Addressing emerging fraud trends with a sense of urgency; leveraging a suite of fraud prevention tools
- Collaborates with claims on re-occurring fraud themes and assist on proposed decisions and action to be taken as a result of any fraud investigation
- Ability to communicate change recommendations based on data-driven analysis
- Prepare and document review findings in a concise, understandable manner for written communication to the appropriate parties
- Adheres to departmental and corporate policies to ensure guidelines are followed and executed in accordance with management's expectations
- Experience in financial crime detection or prevention - 3 years
- Strong SAS skills and ability to work with large data structures - 3 years
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills utilizing data extraction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability and desire to work in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of FDR Defense Edge tool
- Understanding of debit or credit card financial services industry products and processes
- Understanding of fraud and security issues within the banking and finance industry
- Previous experience working within a customer service/hospitality based role
- The candidate must also be proficient working with Excel, Access, Business Objects and PowerPoint
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.