Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Fraud Operations, Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations, and Divisional Management. Fraud Operations is a global organization responsible for assessing, mitigating, and preventing fraudulent activities across multiple product lines and services in order to protect the firm and its clients.
The Fraud CTB team is an Operations-based business analysis and project/program management team that partners with Operations, IT, Finance and the Business Units to specify and deliver the technology and processes necessary to support firm-wide fraud prevention initiatives. The portfolio of projects undertaken within the Fraud Ops team include developing programs to enhance our authentication capabilities and account takeover defenses, fraud analytics and case management/fraud alert monitoring programs, as well as enabling the firm digital strategy from a fraud perspective. Deliverables will include both strategic and tactical enhancements and business enablement projects arising out of the dynamic nature of this business. As a result, the candidate can expect to work on a number of projects, varying in scale, and to work across the different phases of the project lifecycle.
The successful candidate will work closely with Fraud Operations groups as well as other stakeholders across the Firm. The role requires the candidate to have an understanding of system architecture principles, project management fundamentals, and process analysis and design best practices. The successful candidate must also be able to analyze the commercial impact of business decisions.
The successful candidate will operate across multiple projects, performing a variety of functions and must be:
- A skilled Business Analyst with a strong track record developing functional knowledge
- A strong proponent of project management discipline principle
- Motivated and excited by a role with changing priorities and objectives
- A good team player
The candidate should be a dynamic individual who has a solid understanding of process re-engineering and a strong project management discipline. This individual must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, be able to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously, feel comfortable communicating with all levels of staff and have a history of consistently executing against plan. The successful candidate will be able to conduct activity and cost analysis, process mapping, and constraints analysis and root cause identification. The candidate will also help develop solutions for mitigating identified risks/issues and/or improving efficiency.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Program Governance and Reporting
- Establishing governance around program reporting, tracking of risks and issues, project status and deliverables
- Tracking and reporting status on all projects being completed by individuals across Operations
- Working with the stakeholders to prioritize work and drive milestones
- Financial management and cost/benefit analysis
- Business Process Definition
- Identification of appropriate data sources (both qualitative and quantitative) for analysis when presented with business issues
- Sourcing and analyzing data to provide insight into issues
- Drafting recommendations to address business needs based on analysis
- Defining solutions (process-based, reporting-based, technology-based) to business issues
- Implementing processes, tools, reporting solutions defined
- Documenting business requirements
- Issue and Risk Management analysis
- Preparing test strategy, creating test scripts and coordinating testing with Operations
- Liaising with IT colleagues to ensure that business requirements are clearly understood
- Project Management
- Facilitating cross-functional groups to achieve common goals
- Project Planning and Control
- Governance/Stakeholder Management
- Defining analysis- and implementation-focused project plans for self and small teams
- Tracking and reporting status on cross-divisional projects being completed by individuals across Operations
- Relationship Management
- Developing an effective network of relationships across Operations
- Influencing and collaborating effectively with project resources not in the same reporting line
- Minimum of 5 -7 years process improvement, business analysis, and project management experience
- Clear understanding of project management and business analysis approaches. Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects through the various phases of project management lifecycle.
- Experience in business process re-engineering methodology
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience with Project governance/Stakeholder Management
- Experience with Issue tracking/resolution and Risk Management Analysis
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and define approaches to bring un-focused issues to resolution
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Fluency with all MS Office tools, including Access, Project, and Visio
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-starter, ability to work with limited supervision
- Confidence, poise and ability to work at all levels of an organization
- Solid basic understanding of the sales and trading business
- Bachelors Degree
- Project experience for financial services industry clients/or major consulting firms
- Experience working in or managing a PMO for projects
- People and team management experience
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.