Spectrum News NY1 is available on channels 1 and 200 for Spectrum customers throughout New York City’s five boroughs. Spectrum News NY1 serves Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island and provides 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week. The network is also available on Cablevision systems in Brooklyn and the Bronx on channel 8, on Bright House systems in Central Florida on channel 1210, in Hudson Valley (New York) on channel 1, and in North Carolina on channel 215.
The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks family: Spectrum News channels in Albany, Hudson Valley, Syracuse, Binghamton and Buffalo, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas; and in Tampa and Orlando, Florida.
Responsible for going out in the field to gather video, shoot sound bites and put together stories in order to accurately and thoroughly report a story.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Shoots appropriate video and sound bites
• Checks equipment and notify ENG of equipment problems.
• Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
• Conducts interviews
• Gathers information via calls, email & in-person meetings
• Determines best way to shoot the story
• Cuts the best video and sound bites for stories
• Writes to the video shot and cuts the best sound from the interviews
• Requires traveling to story location
• Driver's License required
• Assists the news truck & reporters during breaking news and large scale stories
• Relays information in the field back to the station
• Coordinates with local edition researcher, anchor and executive editor
• Logs in information into the assignment grid
• Trains interns in the field
• Other duties as assigned
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.