Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 the Bronx is looking for the right candidate to shoot and edit video for news programs, live coverage, breaking news and other productions and promotions for all News 12 Services. Will work independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product, or shooting live action suitable for distribution of the News 12 services. Accountable for maintaining assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, editors and peripheral gear, initiating repairs when necessary. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
• Associates degree in Broadcasting or Television Production preferred, Master's degree is a plus.
• Minimum one year of experience in a television field production preferred.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies.
• Basic knowledge of news operations and practices helpful.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.