Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
i24 News in New York is looking for a creative and talented news Producer. The ideal candidate will gather and select news content, write and copy edit stories, assemble the stories into a rundown and create graphics and visuals to complement the presentation of material for on-air broadcast and digital platforms. Select and organize editorial elements for effective presentation to the public, drawing from knowledge of local, national and international current events. Update elements on a continual basis while responding to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
• Minimum four years of experience as a news line producer is required.
• Organize a strong, compelling, audience driven rundown and execute the vision of the newscast.
• Must always be ready to break in with the latest news or developing stories.
• Requires a leader with the know how to determine the best news stories for the newscast and the ability to delegate duties to associate producers, assignment editors and video editors.
• Strong knowledge and experience produding national and internation news a plus.
• Must possess a strong collaborative spirit and understand the vision and creativity necessary to handle a newscast as well as manage a production team to accomplish that vision.
• Must possess the ability to come up with strong story ideas, utilize all resources available, be a team player and thrive in a highly competitive news environment.
• Strong writing skills are essential including tease writing, have exceptional editorial skills and the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.