A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is looking for a Freelance Studio Director to direct and/or technical direct live and taped programs and program elements using studio automation. To operate production equipment technically and creatively and to lead activities of studio crews. The ideal candidate will have the ability to direct and/or technical direct live and taped studio productions using the studio automation system through accurate calling and coordination of video, audio and graphics elements for distribution across all platforms. Oversee studio productions for quality control. Work with producers to execute details of effective programs. Follow graphic format stylebook in production of programs. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
• Minimum of one-year experience as a television director.
• Ability to direct using studio computer automation equipment, Grass Valley Ignite.
• Ability to direct technically complicated live programming
• Ability to interpret and code newscast rundowns
• Strong knowledge of production equipment, and methods and techniques for live & taped productions.
• Knowledge of video/audio signal, tape dynamics.
• Ability to work quickly under pressure in an on-air environment.
• Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies
• Flexible hours, including mornings, nights, weekends & holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.