Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Long Island is looking for the right individual to be a primary presenter of weather information and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. A passion for communicating weather information through graphics, verbally, and in writing is desired. Proficiency in weather analysis and forecasting is expected. Ensure all content meet News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. Assist in coordinating weather programming on multiple platforms. Maintain deep level of familiarity with the state and region. Respond to breaking weather news as required. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science preferred, Master's degree is a plus.
• Minimum of two years of operational forecasting experience; experience with TV weather graphics/animations and weather graphics systems experience.
• Exceptional weather judgment.
• Excellent news writing ability for all platforms, as well as proficiency in newsgathering equipment and computers essential.
• Developed anchoring or other specialized skills to enhance newsroom operation and flexibility to work any assigned shift desired.
• Online demos required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.