Responsible for executing the customer's request for transportation via the most efficient and cost effective manner while providing the highest level of Service. The Dispatcher is a front line representative of RR Donnelley Logistics and must constantly demonstrate our commitment to providing the highest level of service to our clients and ensuring fair business practices with each of our vendors.
Acts as the interface between the client and vendor. Accountable to develop and maintain the most cost effective and efficient logistics platform to maximize profitability and customer savings. This includes service optimization, track and trace interfaces or issues and handling client and vendor interactions. Needs to demonstrate the ability to service on-demand as well as scheduled or routed work.
We are hiring for 2 positions- 1) Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and the other Tuesday- Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00pm
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Accountable for dispatching and assigning vendors based on client demands and service requirements. Be able to quickly move to an alternate vendor when business conditions (availability, price, or quality) dictate change.
- Accountable for tracking and tracing all outbound and some inbound deliveries and resolving service issues and failures.
- Respond to daily inquires made by customer and/or vendor in relation to product movement, providing ETAs or managing a package search.
- Understand the planned customer requirements based on schedules for services and/or product flow through the plant/distribution center. Based on the understanding of planned needs, be able to project service requirements and determine how best to meet those needs.
- Combine work where customer requirements permit to enhance the profitability. Also, able to review scheduled services and to make recommendations as to how cost could be reduced or timeliness improved.
- For freight moves, research alternatives with multiple vendors and negotiate the best service for the customer.
- Serves effectively as a team member on user groups, site teams or CI projects.
- Follows SOP’s and work instructions and supports CI results in conjunction with Supervisor and Manager.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.