Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Actively manages the freight claim handling process for assigned workload in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) requirements, DOT regulations, transportation contracts, and related company customer consideration practices.
Qualifications/Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- Evaluates claims for reasonableness, necessary action, liability, and compliance with federal regulations, operating tariffs, contract provisions, claims policies, and standard claim practices and procedures.
- Investigate assigned claims under carrier liability rules, DOT regulations, freight claim rules, and contracts.
- Thoroughly examine all claim documents for accuracy and in an investigative manner to be able to determine the likely faulty party and cause of loss.
- Gather and analyze all facts to determine a fair settlement (whether declined or payable).
- Process claim review and settlements in MyEzClaim system and upload all supporting documentation for review and a final approval.
- Provide updates and supporting documentation to validate claim resolution decisions.
- Prompt review and resolution of all claim disputes and reconsideration.
- Responsible for facilitating the finance process from creation to final collection.
- Offer solutions and options that can be presented to the correct parties to solve problem shipments in a manner that protects the interest of PepsiCo, our customers and the carrier.
- Follow up diligently on all outstanding claims, and send client updates on a weekly basis.
- Having direct interaction with customers who are in a distressed state because of damaged/missing/defective product as well as carriers who may be in distress about being held liable for damages.
- Communicating directly with carriers/customers, shippers/receivers and/or investigators.
- File fright claims the same day damages are reported.
- Manage Master Claims report.
- Monitor the shared claims email address
- Manage working in multiple email addresses
- Negotiate partial recovery on freight claims when applicable.
- Help the PLCI team with miscellaneous tasks when the claims workload allows.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required in Business/Strategic Management, Sales/Account Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations or related major field of study
- 1 or more years of work experience required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Business/Strategic Management, Sales/Account Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations or related major field of study
- 3 or more years of experience in managing claims or investigative work
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Claims Processing: 1 year
- Strong technical and process improvement skills
- Knowledge of liability provisions of transportation contracts and related coverage laws
- Knowledge of freight liability
- Oracle - Oracle web based fluency and BOBJ reports
- Legacy system knowledge
- Advanced level of investigation techniques and familiarity with liability provisions and related coverage laws.
- Ability to maintain daily/weekly production quota levels with a high degree of accuracy
- Work under pressure and maintain composure while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and ability to meet short deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Time management/prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)
Not Eligible for Relocation