Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill a Freight Receiver job in Santa Fe Springs
Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
Responsibilities for this Freight Receiver job include:
1. Responsible for using EDI software in order to transmit ASN information and generate labels.
2. Generates Bill of Ladings using various customer portals and Excel.
3. Ensures all required shipment and credit card information is correctly entered into the ERP System.
4. Coordinates all order shipment priorities and activities with Customer Service, Freight Unit staffing and transportation carriers in order to meet customer ship dates.
5. Works proactively with the Inventory Control Department and other departments by keeping them informed of current and future support requirements and obligations.
6. Identifies order discrepancies and corrects the discrepancies by taking timely and immediate action.
7. Follows all standard operating procedures and department procedures and guidelines.
8. Performs functions related to the daily order fulfillment process, client support, order tracing, etc. and those functions that are required to accomplish team and departmental goals, including assisting with shipping clerk duties when needed.
9. Assists in helping to maintain a safe working environment.
10. Differentiates and prioritizes orders according to guidelines and customer requirements to ensure the timely delivery of orders.
11. Performs any other related duties, as may be required or assigned by management.
1. High School Diploma + 2 years of order processing or data entry experience required, or an AA Degree + 1 year of order processing or data entry experience required.
2. Minimum 2 years in a distribution / warehouse environment
3. Effective liaison
4. Computer savvy
5. Reliable and dependable; organized
6. Ability to multi-task; problem solving
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to occasionally alternate between sitting and standing positions. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to handle controls, computer and mouse; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, stoop, and lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Proper lifting techniques required. May include occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds of finished goods and packages.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Freight Processer job in Santa Fe Springs or you can visit our website www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.