We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose
. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com . Functional Description:
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced sales environment, managing a 5-10 Million dollar business? If so, we have the job for you! The Sales Associate role consists of a roughly nine month sales and leadership training program where you will receive a customized on-boarding plan to assure skill transfer in preparation for either a Sales District Leader or Customer Development Manager role. You will learn the Frito-Lay direct store delivery (DSD) system, develop your sales and leadership skills, as well as gain exposure to the key players and functions across the Region Business Team. The training for this position involves approximately six weeks of route level work to learn the foundation of the business and develop an understanding of our DSD network and supply chain. The job is in a physical work environment with varying length work days/schedule. In the retail industry, weekends and holidays are often our most demanding days, all candidates must be willing and prepared to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Upon completion of the training program, you will have the opportunity to move into either a Sales District Leader or a Customer Development Manager role in select markets. Each role leads a 5-10 Million dollar business and is responsible for administrative and technical support, as well as facilitating information. In a Sales District Leader role, you will oversee a district of 10-12 Route Sales Representatives (RSR) in order to meet the sales and service expectations of our customers. The Customer Development Manager (CDM) works across multiple customers as well as other members of the Frito-Lay sales force to develop accounts and ensure execution. The CDM is responsible for growing the FLNA business in each large format customer account through sales, displays, promotional product, etc. Managing multiple tasks simultaneously is a constant challenge; the Sales Associate must be able to analyze situations accurately taking effective action under narrow time constraints. It is imperative that you have strong leadership skills, good communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. Technology:
PepsiCo is on the cutting edge of mobile technology in the consumer packaged goods marketplace. The following outlines a list of technology opportunities you will have available to you in this role:
What you can expect:
- Mobile technology (software and hardware) for constant connectivity for all roles in the Sales function, leveraging consumer-grade devices (i.e. iPad, iPhone) that are upgraded to the latest availability in the market.
- Mobile Apps continuously refined to help the Frontline and its Leaders guide their teams and accomplish their goals.
- Mobile file sharing tools to support collaboration among teams and Peers
- Real-time data and analytics on key performance indicators and product insights
- Mobile selling applications that leverage cutting edge technology, like augmented reality to virtually depict Business Leaders' ideas for customers.
While we will provide you with a specific onboarding training schedule, we also encourage you to engage in internal networking activities with our Sr. Leadership team. Keep in mind, when you work for PepsiCo, you will have access to a variety of operating models within the Beverage, Foods and Corporate environments; meaning you could support power brands such as Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Frito-Lay and still work within the same company! In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Successfully interact with customers and effectively sell in and execute sales programs and initiatives
- Lead district meetings focused on plan to achieve sales objectives and other goals
- Conduct weekly one-with-one meetings with RSR's to discuss performance, and gap closure
- Conduct "work-withs" and coaching sessions with frontline to develop their selling/customer service skills and efficiencies
- Collect, chart, and interpret statistical data; manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to customers as required
- Learn the PepsiCo selling foundation: use fact-based selling skills and deliver exceptional customer service
- Use your creativity and entrepreneurial mindset to grow volume & revenue to achieve Key Performance Indications (KPI) for the assigned area
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions through merchandising products and building creative displays
- Work various schedules; including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- (As the work environment is physical) stand, walk, reach, and squat throughout the work day (up to 10-12 hours.)
campuscoe15 Qualifications/Requirements What we're looking for:
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Professional Selling, Sales Management, Business Administration, Communications, Organizational Leadership, Entrepreneurship (other related majors will be considered)
- Previous selling / customer service experience (on- or off- campus; either through part time jobs, internship, or academic clubs)
- Proven leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Availability to work flexible schedules
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Willingness to drive a step van for 4-6 months during training and on the job as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
- Pass an online sales assessment to be considered for the role (see link below)
- Be completing their final year of undergraduate studies
- Hold a Bachelor's degree prior to the intended full time start date.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Have a valid driver's license and access to an automobile to drive to various sales locations for duration of time in role
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation, including a Motor Vehicle Report (clean driving record for the past 3 years)
- Have physical ability to lift 25 - 45 pounds repeatedly when needed in daily execution
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser. Relocation Eligible
Eligible for Standard Relocation