Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Job Summary: Responsible for welcoming guests in an effective and courteous manner. Directly participates in operating a traditional 24-hour, seven days a week, hotel-style front desk and retail operations. Answers external and internal telephone calls while taking and delivering messages as needed. Provides guest services so each staff member and guest experiences a positive impression of the facility.
- Greet all guests upon arrival.
- Learn and use Springer Miller PMS and Microsoft Office programs.
- Assist guests in the lodge gift shop with service and recording sales using Retail Pro POS system.
- After training, employees must display a working knowledge of policies and emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be insured.
- Check guests in and out.
- Program keys and make key packets.
- Light cleaning of lobby and public areas as assigned by management.
- Confirm reservations for rooms, tours and activities.
- Sell and make reservations for rooms, tours and activities.
- Handle cash, traveler's checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner.
- When required, must provide designated employees with working banks and take care of all currency needs for the day.
- Must ensure daily sales go into the safe, so that they can be safely taken to the accounting department. Log wakeup calls and communicate messages to guests.
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere at the front desk and lobby areas at all times.
- Run correct occupancy and emergency reports.
- Effectively communicate with guests, employees, tour directors and vendors to ensure all guests receive prompt and courteous service.
- Take charge when upper management is unavailable and unforeseen complications (bad weather, cancellations, etc.) arise.
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations.
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner.
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints in a polite and professional manner.
- Use basic office equipment.
- Prepare for next day arrivals.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and sustainability.
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform.
- Utilizes the radio and paging internal communication system used throughout the facility.
- One year experience as a Guest Service Agent or experience in a comparable service position.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the availability to work flexible hours (weekends) based on the occupancy demands of the center.
- Can read, understand, and clearly speak English