Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Job Summary:
Responsible for welcoming guests and staff in an effective and courteous manner. Directly participates in operating a traditional 24-hour, seven days a week, hotel-style front desk and concierge operation. Answers external and internal telephone calls taking and delivering messages as needed. Provides guest services at the center so each staff member and guest experiences a positive impression of the facility. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The Front Desk will be staffed to provide services 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The Concierge Desk is to be staffed whenever a course is in session.
- After training, must display a working knowledge of policies and emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be insured.
- Utilizes the radio/paging internal communication system used throughout the facility.
- Utilizes the PBX System.
- Assists in coordinating registration functions for all guests.
- Daily front desk and concierge's desk checklist tasks that include:
a) Check in and check out functions
b) Guest orientation of the local area and the conference center facilities
c) Proper telephone service technique and PBX operation
d) Handling of guest mail, messages and special deliveries
e) Coordinating reservations for guest transportation
f) Full understanding and utilization of the property management system
g) Familiarization with night audit function
h) Assisting all guests in any way possible
i) Maintaining a limited supply of sundries
j) Issuing and monitoring safe deposit boxes
k) Assisting guest with any of their meeting room needs.
l) Assisting Guests with non-meeting related travel needs.
m) Forwarding guest suggestion or concerns to the proper Manager.
n) Daily checks of Gift Shop, stocking if necessary.
- Maintains adequate change bank to support the guest service needs.
- Communicates closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Responsible for handling sales of the gift shop items, and accepting payments for purchases from guests or employees.
- Closes out shift cash reports and perform cash depositing into safe.
- Performs any and all other duties assigned by management.
- Operating a computer, fax machine, and copy machine.
- One year experience as a Guest Service Agent or experience in a comparable service position.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the availability to work flexible hours (weekends) based on the occupancy demands of the center.
- Can read, understand, and clearly speak English
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.