Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
As a valuable member of our team it will be your responsibility to: assists the management in overseeing the day to day operations of the front desk, including coordinating transportation of guests to and from the lodge; helps ensure guests are efficiently guided through the check-in and check-out process; helps ensure front desk team is performing night audit duties; ensures self and team increases sales through up-selling/suggestive selling rooms and tours; ensures paperwork and cash management are done accurately; participates in guest recovery as needed; maintains an accurate inventory of rooms and keys; maintains an accurate boat passenger count; maintains accurate inventory of other items needed by department; communicates with other departments and vendors to better the overall guest experience; aids in the training and development of team members; and seeks out guest feedback being sure to report findings to the leadership team.
As a team member you will be expected to follow all Aramark, National Park Service, and Glacier Bay Lodge policies and procedures pertaining to health, safety, and environmental practices, while demonstrating integrate and respect for all parties involved. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- The front desk will be staffed to provide services 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- After training, must display a working knowledge of emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be insured.
- Utilizes the radio/paging internal communication system used throughout the facility.
- Acts as the reservation attendant. Assists in coordinating registration functions for all guests.
- Daily front desk checklist tasks that include:
- Check in and checkout functions.
- Guest orientation of the local area and the Lodge facilities.
- Proper telephone service techniques and reservation system operation.
- Handling of guest mail, messages, and special deliveries.
- Full understanding and utilization of the property management system (SMS and Retail Pro).
- Familiarization with night audit functions.
- Assist all guests in any way possible.
- Maintain a limited supply of sundries.
- Communicate specials, packages and special events to all front desk agents Reconciles disputed guest charges.
- Provides explanation for paid outs, miscellaneous charges, and allowances (must have the approval of the manager on duty).
- Participates in Quality Assurance Programs and reviews to address areas in need of improvement.
- Assists with storing and inventorying of supplies necessary to perform daily operations.
- Works within the key issuance and control program to ensure total key control and quality assurance.
- Communicates closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Responsible for sale of gift shop items.
- Responsible for keeping the gift shop area cleaned & well stocked.
- Active departmental participation in training programs as directed by the Lodging Ops Manager.
- Follows Aaramark policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- Work Night Audit shifts as required.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- Reports to Front Desk Manager and Lodge Manager
: High school diploma or equivalent required. Can read, understand and clearly speak English. A Driver License is preferred. Minimum of one season's experience in a like employment preferred. Equipment Used
Company Vehicle, computer, radio Travel Requirements
: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds Physical Requirements
: BENDING FREQUENT
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.