At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. This position reports to the hotel Rooms Director.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for all duties of the front desk operation which includes: staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. The Front Office Manager should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate leadership abilities. In addition to assisting in the operation of the Front Office operation and guest services personnel, this position will respond quickly to guest requests and/or complaints in a friendly manner and ensure that appropriate action is taken to guarantee guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel’s Front Office operations
- Develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Maintain guest room inventory
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt Service Standards and Procedures
- Perform all tasks of a Front Office Staff as needed to facilitate service
- Ensure all operations and cash handling are done per policies and procedures
- Maintain excellent communication with the housekeeping department
- Maintain information on prices, rates, specials, packages, programs, etc, while ensuring all staff are trained in all areas
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve guest complaints
- Create expectations, lead people, manage processes, and hold people accountable for the agreed upon activities and time tables
- Insures proper staffing levels for customer service goals
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
A little about us:
Hyatt’s goal is to become the most preferred hospitality brand – loved and respected by all. We listen and evolve to meet and anticipate the needs of our colleagues, guests and partners.