Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Currently, Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA) is seeking a Front End Drupal Web Developer
Panasonic Corporation of North America is seeking an experienced Front-end Developer in Drupal (high preference for D8). Role focuses on building themes for desktop, mobile and responsive sites and bringing unique and cutting-edge user experiences to life.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Front-end Development in Drupal (D8 preferred)
- Maintain D8 modules
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability across devices and user experiences
- Drupal-specific front-end development experience (both site building and custom theme development)
- Use common Drupal deployment methodologies (dev->stage->live)
Enterprise-level Matrixed Team Collaboration
- Assist in Solution Design
- Agile Testing
- Documentation and Maintenance of Code Repository Quality Checks
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years front-end development on enterprise-grade websites in Drupal (7 or 8)
- Experience with MySQL, Web Services & related technologies
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Familiarity with version control and code management tools such as Git, Bitbucket
- Expert with Drupal 8 theming with Twig
- Know how to write custom theme functions and also how to override default theming behavior
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them along with designing sites to meet web accessibility standards.
- Experience working on different CMS platforms; WordPress and Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America. #LI-GW1
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.