Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posted: November 08, 2017
Reference ID: JR-20870
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the team:
Workday's brand-new office in Boulder wants to hire a Front-End Web Application Engineer. Workday sets the standard for user-centric, cloud-based business applications that help companies better serve their employees and plan for the future. We have top-notch development talent, experienced management, latest technology, and paying customers.
You will join our team in Boulder to help drive and integrate new analytic and collaboration technologies into Workday's core platform and applications.Our development environment
• Cross discipline, full-stack collaboration: sit with and work directly with the back-end, mobile and UI/UX teams
• Scrum based: Sprints, Stand-ups, Demos and Retros
• Ship code at the pace of development
• Focused on automation to drive testing/QA
• Some of the technologies/frameworks we utilize in the web application: AngularJS, Redux, TypeScript, ES6/ES2015 (via Babel), Karma, LESS, and WebpackWho are we looking for?
• Excited about building modern, cutting-edge web-based applications. Either 100% client-side (SPA) or in combination with a server-side framework like Rails, Express, Flask, Django or Play.
• Minimum of 2 years experience writing web-based applications
• Testing and refactoring your code is not a chore, it is the only way to build maintainable systems
• Prepared to stand-up in front of a whiteboard to work-through an idea with constructive input from the rest of the team and vice-versa
• Look forward to introducing the team to new technologies, frameworks and points of view
• Not afraid to "grab a shovel" to help drive the team or technology without prompting
• Want to get in on the ground floor of our new Boulder Office to help shape the product and internal engineering culture
Our Tech: AngularJS, Redux, TypeScript, Webpack, Java, Gradle, Ant, Ivy, Docker, Jenkins, Chef