Microsoft runs on trust. As our lives and businesses are becoming increasingly digitized, trust is the glue that holds our world together. To create and enhance this trust, we must proactively protect our customers, partners and Microsoft from operational risk. Some of the specific risks we mitigate in this space include fraud, corruption, counterfeiting, theft, impersonation, and harmful content. To do this, we work across vast ecosystems containing troves of data. We also work with the very latest technologies available as we build and scale modern, customer-centric solutions that offer unparalleled levels of risk protection. With every new transaction, our services get smarter and our customers get safer.
Our Vetting & Forensic Services team subscribes to a 'lean startup' culture in managing products that include OneVet, Forensic Linguistics, Content Moderator and several undisclosed services. We embrace collaboration, agility, and the belief that experimentation (failing fast) drives innovation. In our daily work, we demonstrate growth mindset, integrity, grit, vision, curiosity and courage; we require you to bring those values as well. When you join this award-winning team, you will become a member of talented and diverse cohort of growth hackers-- each of whom have big hearts and small egos. You will work with experts across domains that include business process automation, cloud architecture, AI/ML/NLP, computer vision, cybersecurity, philanthropy and operations. When surveyed anonymously, 100% of our team agreed that their roles had real purpose, and their job was more than just a job.
Now let's talk about you. We are seeking a uniquely talented, insatiably curious Front End/UI engineer with strong experience in TypeScript and Angular JS and who is passionate about developing delightful user experiences and creating solutions to complex problems. You love being a creative Front End engineer and you are excited about the future. You relish the opportunity to create world-impacting solutions that most people wouldn't believe are possible, yet you also feel motivated when contributing in small ways. You want to build best-in-class, highly scalable cloud solutions using robust coding practices and new tech. If this sounds like you, and you buy into the values and vision of our team, then come help us build a foundation of trust for our world's digital future.
• Design and develop highly interactive web applications using TypeScript and Angular JS 4
• Work closely with back-end developers in developing RESTful APIs
• Produce clean, reusable code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and adheres to code standards
• Meet with product owners and stakeholders to discuss their ideas and create captivating digital experiences. Translate design patterns into application architectures
• Demonstrate a sense of pride, commitment and personal accountability for the end-to-end product
• Mentor and assist other Front End/UI Engineers
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a completed boot-camp program
• 5+ years of experience working with SPA using AngularJS, TypeScript and modern open-source web frameworks
• Experience integrating RESTful APIs and ensuring high performance regardless of screen size
• Experience with one of more of the following: .NET Framework, ASP.Net, Java
• Understanding of UX principles and ability to participate in design discussion
• Strong problem-solving skills with balanced interaction and visual design skills
• Strong object-oriented design skills
• Exposure to Agile software delivery; acceptance test driven development and/or test-driven development preferred.
• Experience with cloud development (Azure, AWS, etc.)
• Familiarity with TFS and the Application Lifecycle Management using VSTS
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent hands-on development experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.