PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements, and significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets, and Insurance.
Our Application Technology consultants provide an end to end solution offering including Application Development and Integration, Application Architecture, custom IoT and mobile solutions, User Experience, Quality Management and Testing, Business Process Management and helping clients determine the best applications for their business needs and integrate new and existing applications into their business including Mobility integration. This high performing team works with various types of technologies and software framework such as
Java, .Net, iOS, HTML5, ESBs, advises on the software development life-cycle, and helps architect and develop specific applications for clients. Additionally, they assist with integration of new applications and quality management and testing.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Certification(s) Preferred: Guidewire functional certified in Policy Center, Billing Center and /or Claim Center
- Knowledge of P&C Insurance domain (Policy, Claims, and Billing applications as per product requirements).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java or GOSU programming.
- Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
- Previous experience associated with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts with using design standards and best practices.
- Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center Configuration development experience with relevant certification.
Minimum Guidewire version is 7.x and above.
- Experience with Agile methodology, Source version control, and Release management.
- Any experience leading a team of developers is a plus.
- Working with offshore teams with different times is preferred.
- Experience working with Product Model Designer, Rating Engine on Policy Center is a plus.
- Prior experience in:
planning, designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and maintaining GOSU language application code within Guidewire Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center.
- Configures screen layouts, including creation of new screens (PCFs).
- Experience writing business rules and other business logic.
- Experience configuring operational and administration related parameters such as roles and permissions, user attributes regions, activity patterns etc.
- Experience resolving issues identified during testing in regards to the configuration requirements.
- Experience working within a development team using Agile methodology to deliver User stories.
- Experience assisting in GOSU code reviews, code cleanups and perform sprint demos.
- Experience handling the responsibility of organizing code merges and environment management tasks.
- Prior experience performing minor and major Guidewire software upgrades.