PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements, and significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets, and Insurance.
Our Data and Analytics consultants help clients maximize the value of their data.
This high performing team helps clients define their
information strategy, architecture and governance, get the most value from business intelligence and analytics, and implement enterprise content and data management solutions to enable business insights, reduce cost and complexity, increase trust and integrity, and improve operational effectiveness.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any MIS related field
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of contributing on client engagement teams that design and develop business intelligence (BI) and predictive models for data warehouse (DW) information management architecture, including:
- Evaluating enterprise DW architecture feasibility, risk and technologies related to business change (i.e. assessing, identifying and recommending BI and related business stakeholders' data requirements; BI solution prototyping and development; processes and performance from business and technical standpoints; and the impact of data changes on business and/or IT processes);
- Advising CXO's on emerging BI/DW technologies and strategies consistent with clients' business strategies
- Prioritizing, preparing and implementing BI and/or DW architectural improvements (i.e. developing and recommending alternative DW technical and data management solutions, methodologies, strategies and architectural improvement plans)
- Developing and validating business stakeholders' conceptual data models, including socializing and implementing logical and physical DW/data mart data models; identifying data sources and metadata (including business rules, definitions, attributes, etc.) to deliver analytic requirements.
Demonstrates thorough abilities to interact with end users to understand and document business and functional requirements for complex projects, including full software development life cycle, DW/BI/ETL tools and other related technologies, including:
- Enterprise data management, data warehousing and/or business intelligence; data modeling, integration and/or synchronization, quality, security, conversion and analysis; database administration; and/or enterprise data management policies, procedures, compliance & risk management. This includes a minimum of having participated in two full life cycle implementations
- Architecture, design and development of enterprise business intelligence and data warehousing solutions, including utilizing leading ETL/BI tools and the ability to architect a solution
- Design and development of data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching that leverages knowledge within data, master data, metadata and technology management.
Demonstrates proven thorough skills and success participating in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment that utilize creative thinking skills and individual initiative, including the following:
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; approaching client in an organized manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks; researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters; utilizing problem-solving skills; and, communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment
- Coaching and collaborating with associates who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.