CHS Northwest, formerly known as Cenex, has an exciting opportunity for a full time Warehouse Worker at our Poulsbo Country Store. You must be able to safely and efficiently perform the job functions of loading/unloading trailers, loading customer vehicles, moving and rotating pallets of product, completing documentation and cleaning in the warehouse. This position requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to adapt, think and make decisions quickly; have a pleasant attitude, be helpful, and customer focused. You must be self-motivated and able to work well in a team setting.
You must be available to work on weekends.
- Provide excellent customer service; work with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform all job functions within the warehouse including loading/unloading trailers, moving and rotating pallets of product, loading customer vehicles and completing documentation.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat/clean and complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Complete shipping, receiving and inspection documents neatly and accurately.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Manage product inventory and follow first in-first out shipping and rotation principles.
- Operate a fork lift.
- Dispense propane
- Follow all warehouse rules and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- Retail customer service
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to become certified to operate a forklift and dispense propane
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Must be able to perform simple math problems related to order counts and inventory management
- Must be able to meet certain physical requirements including standing, squatting, bending and lifting up to 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must pass pre-employment background check
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Prior warehouse experience
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.