Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Position Summary:
Marina Services Worker-Fuel Attendant primarily work as Fuel Attendant at the Wahweap Fuel Dock - assisting guests with the purchase of fuel, oil and accessories. Fuel Attendants will also be cross trained to work at the Sinclair Station when needed. Marina Services Workers- Fuel Attendants are flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of safety and customer service. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Marina Services Worker - Fuel Attendants must be able to work physically hard
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the boat dock by removing trash and debris from the dock and cleaning all public areas
- Perform daily Fuel Dock safety checks at the beginning and end of the day
- Perform daily Fuel Dock housekeeping tasks - clean fuel dock, clean restrooms, roll fuel hoses, straighten lines, change filters, sweep and mop the floor, empty trash, etc.
- Warmly welcome all guests as they arrive at the Fuel Dock by practicing W.E.S.T.
- Securely and safely dock and tie all guest boats at the Wahweap Fuel Dock
- Assist all guests with purchase of fuel, oil and accessories
- Dispense fuel into boat fuel tanks using the fuel pump
- Marina Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about the property and the surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities.
- Develop a strong knowledge of all products and services offered in order to constantly up sell
- Maintain a daily bank and be accountable for all transactions
- Handle cash, traveler's checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
- Must be proficient in counting money, able to provide guests with change whenever needed and make accurate cash deposits at the end of shift; ensuring all required paperwork is completed
- May be required to instruct guests on basic boat operations
- Marina Services Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment, wear proper PPE, ensuring proper lifting, bending, carrying and fueling techniques are adhered to
- Identify maintenance and safety issues
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Maintain a positive attitude - always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints - always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Thank all guests, assist them in leaving the fuel dock and say goodbye as they leave
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule including weekends, holidays and possibly early morning and late nights
- Report to work in complete and proper uniform
- May be required to assist in other departments when needed
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Other duties as assigned
- Marina Services Workers report to the Fuel Supervisor and Marina Manager
- Marina Services Workers cannot be prone to motion / sea sickness
- Marina Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Marina Services Workers should be able to adapt and learn quickly
- Previous customer service and boating experience preferred
- Strong English speaking, reading and writing communication skills are essential
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be able to swim
- Must be comfortable putting out a fire, able to respond to emergency situations that may occur in a calm manner. Basic firefighting drills and training sessions will be completed on a regular basis
- Must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check to operate boats
POS System, Photocopier, Telephone, Calculator, Cleaning Supplies, Fuel Pumps, Printers, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds Physical Requirements:
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.