Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Dangling Rope is our remote location marina on Lake Powell. An oasis on the main channel for boaters. This isolated operation is accessible only by boat or helicopter. On site housing is available as the main marina at Wahweap near Page, AZ is an hour boat ride away. This location has proven to be an outdoor enthusiasts dream. Energetic, personable individuals are encouraged to apply to work in this location. Endless adventure and opportunities to explore Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and Lake Powell are at your disposal on your days off.
Our guests are top-priority at Dangling Rope. All personnel are expected to be at their posts, ready to work at the time of their shift. This is required as many clientele will be there right at opening to fuel up, stock up and get back on the water. Cross training with the fuel dock and snack bar are essential as Dangling Rope operates in a clear and fluid manner.
So step out of your comfort zone and come join our team and Dangling Rope on Lake Powell for the most memorable summer job of your life!
http://www.lakepowell.com/discover/area-maps/south-lake-powell-map/ Position Summary: Fuel Dock Supervisor
Lead Marina Services Workers oversee Fuel Dock operations; supporting and training the Marina Services Workers and Cashiers. Lead - Marina Services Workers are extremely safety conscious and can confidently handle any emergency situations that may arise. Lead - Marina Services Workers are expected to serve as an example for the Marina Services Workers and Cashiers to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, delivering exemplary customer service and successfully resolving any guest situations that may arise. Furthermore, they must be able to maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere even in the absence of management. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Perform all Marina Services Worker and Cashier duties
- Cross train all Marina Services Workers with Snack Bar and Store.
- Coordinate all Fuel Dock activities and tasks
- Hold pre-shift meetings to ensure that the Fuel Dock team are aware of the day's tasks, WEST & Safety of the day and any other miscellaneous information to ensure successful operations
- Ensure daily Fuel Dock safety checks are performed at beginning of the day before opening
- Lead - Marina Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, boat rentals, food & beverage opening hours and services, tours and activities and surrounding area amenities and activities such as other National Parks in The Grand Circle
- Train Marina Services Workers and Cashiers on all aspects of the role - focusing on fire safety and guest service
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Respond directly to all guest complaints and ensure they are resolved efficiently and immediately in a professional manner which does not negatively impact on the reputation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas
- Ensure all Marina Services Workers and Cashiers complete duties and assignments accurately while maintaining smooth operations
- Ensure everything operates smoothly in manager's absence and that all guest relations issues are handled effectively
- Perform maintenance on fuel systems and docks
- Lead - Marina Services Workers may be required to complete monthly safety inspections, complete electrical readings and file incident and injury reports on an ongoing basis
- Lead - Marina Services Workers may be required to perform cash drawer audits
- Lead - Marina Services Workers are required to assist management in scheduling all Fuel Dock employees in accordance with labor budgets and assigning work tasks to the Marina Services Workers and Cashiers
- Lead - Marina Services Workers may be required to assist Managers with Reports
- Lead - Marina Services Workers may be required to coordinate, correct, track and submit payroll for the Fuel Dock department; ensuring accuracy, proper transfer of labor and timely weekly reporting
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of the fuel dock and fuel dock office at all times
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of SDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Maintain a positive attitude - always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Report to work in proper uniform
- May be required to assist in other departments when needed - this is especially likely to be the case for Dangling Rope Lead - Marina Services Workers
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Lead - Marina Services Workers report to the Assistant Marina Manager or Supervisor
- Lead - Marina Services Workers must be able to support and oversee the Fuel Dock team to ensure the highest levels of guest service are adhered to; that all tasks are completed, ensuring smooth operations
- Lead - Marina Services Workers should have excellent communication and public relations skills
- Lead - Marina Services Workers need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc...
- Lead - Marina Services Workers cannot be prone to motion / sea sickness
- Lead - Marina Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Dangling Rope Lead - Marina Services Workers must be comfortable living & working in a remote location
Adding Machine, POS System, Photocopier, Telephone, Calculator, Cleaning Supplies, Fuel Pumps, Printer, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack, Other Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds Physical Requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age with previous customer service and boating experience preferred
- Strong English speaking, reading and writing communication skills are essential
- Must be able to swim
- Must be comfortable putting out a fire, able to respond to emergency situations that may occur in a calm manner. Basic fire fighting drills and training sessions will be completed on a regular basis
- May be required to operate company boats
- Must have a valid and current US Drivers License
- Must pass a motor vehicle history check (MVR)
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.