At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for performing nuclear engineering and technical tasks, under general supervision, in support of nuclear plant operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform nuclear engineering and technical tasks as assigned by supervision applying general engineering principles.
- Assure all nuclear engineering products prepared are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of effective processes and techniques at appropriate levels of detail and in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Recommend format and methodology improvements to standard processes and procedures.
- B. S. in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum 2 years engineering experience
- Engineer in training certification
- Must have good grasp of techniques and a good understanding of the fundamental functions performed by the group.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
Reactor Engineering Oversight
- Governance, Oversight and Support of Reactor Engineering activities. Oversee implementation of the Reactivity Management Program. Utilize system indicators to monitor performance and make recommendations. Identify and pursue process and behavior improvements. Drive standardization of Reactor Engineering work practices. Provide technical support for various fuel industry and reactivity related activities and projects.
Fuel Vendor Oversight
- Develop and implement technical oversight program to assure excellence in fuel and core component in-reactor performance through sound fabrication processes. Conduct oversight activities of vendor fabrication processes and coordinates additional resources for supplemental oversight. Reviews vendor process changes to assure technical adequacy. Performs special projects and misc tasks related to nuclear fuel and core component design, fabrication, procurement and in-reactor performance.
Fuel Reliability Engineer
- Monitor, enhance, and implement fuel reliability programs processes and practices. Support field execution of fuel reliability activities. Manage and conduct technical evaluations in support of plant operating strategies, plant equipment and lost parts that may impact fuel and/or control components.
Safety Analysis Engineer
- Manage review and approval of all design inputs, assumptions and outputs relative to SA in support of reload cycle design. Conduct technical evaluations in support of reload cycle design and plant design changes that that impact NF.
Core Designer/Cycle Manager
- Coordinate, direct and/or perform reactor physics analyses required to load, license and operate a nuclear reactor core. Collaborate with the fuel vendor in , selecting inputs, running codes and validating outputs used for the reload design and licensing documentation. Monitor core operations to ensure exposure and licensing assumptions are met. Follow reload process for reload meetings, special assignments, exposure accounting, cycle management reports and control blade/component management.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster