Manage day to day operations of a Fulfillment Center which includes fulfillment (pick/pack), kitting (assembly), drop shipping, and mail processing. Focus on meeting or exceeding customer expectations, on continuous improvement of processes, effective throughput, on time delivery and profitability. This position is also responsible for participating in, supporting, and tracking metrics for our ongoing EHS programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor/manage day to day operations of all personnel in the Fulfillment Department to meet the production schedule, deadline changes and updates.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient planning and scheduling of jobs and personnel, while continually building sales and maintaining EBITDA goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with employees, suppliers, and internal/external customers.
- Has an understanding of inventory management, fulfillment operations including pick and pack, drop shipping, kitting and distribution operations including throughput requirements.
- Hold department personnel accountable for production goals, high quality and meeting customer expectations.
- Conducts annual employee reviews and positive and negative feedback including corrective action. Oversee employee discipline and ensure that all actions are fair and non-discriminatory.
- Motivates and provides support and training to production team to ensure overall customer satisfaction, quality service, commitment to continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Responsible for the quality of all work, and supporting documentation of and adherence to such practices.
- Responsible for a safe, clean work environment that is pleasing to customers and employees.
- Effective and timely completion of projects and duties as requested, and ability to perform all management functions when necessary.
- Responsible for participating on our team to support Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) initiatives. Required to follow RR Donnelley directives and guidance to comply with the company’s requirements in this area. Manager will need to delegate and hold individuals responsible for executing on their individual assignments to support our broader EHS operating company goals and objectives.