We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! 3rd Shift, Tuesday-Friday,11:00pm-9:30am Job Summary
Essential Job Functions
- Operates forklifts, maintains bulk storage areas, transfers pallets of supplies, performs warehousing cycle counts, enters supply requisition orders into inventory system, and processes rush requests.
- Operates shipping computer systems for package processing.
- Fulfills supply order requisitions.
- Ensures assigned duties occur in accordance with department quality standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Operates forklift equipment to unload shipments, load shipments and transfer warehouse stock to production areas.
- Maintains pallet stock in bulk storage areas of warehouse, transferring pallets of supplies as needed.
- Operates pallet jacks.
- Processes inbound and outbound packages utilizing shipping software.
- Operates barcode scanner and shipping software for item searches and routing packages to recipients.
- Runs shipment activity reports as needed to assist customers.
- Performs inventory control tasks and warehouse stock cycle counts.
- Enters receipts for received stock.
- Assigns bin locations for all stored inventory forms.
- Conducts stock transfers and physical inventories.
- Conducts daily inspections of forklifts and performs routine maintenance, including battery inspection and maintenance.
Sitting, Bending, Cleaning, Climbing, Reaching, Pushing, Seeing, Standing, Walking, Twisting, Speaking/Reading/Writing in English, Pulling, Kneeling, Lifting/Carrying 50 lbs. Operate pallet jack Physical Environment
Controlled ambient environmental conditions, Repetitive and moderately high noise level, Chemicals, Moving mechanical parts, Areas considered dangerous, Conditions which would affect the respiratory system or skin (such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, inks, solvents, particulate matter, oils, or poor ventilation), Electrical current, Forklift Traffic. Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
Special Skill Requirement
- 1-2 years’ experience in warehousing operations or equivalent.
- Operating certification on forklift equipment (or to be obtained within first 90 days).
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure production environment (preferred).
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office or equivalent (preferred).