Under close supervision of the Pharmacist or other supervisory/management-level position in the facility obtains new prescription refill information from customers such as name address and health coverage.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Labels products under Pharmacist's supervision counts medications stocks medication on shelves and assists customers on the telephone and in person.
- Retrieves counts and measures drugs.
- Assists Pharmacist with the information required to consults with patients regarding medications or supplies prescribed including dosage frequency specialized requirements and possible drug interactions; refers to exceptions computer to reference tote and order information.
- Assists Pharmacist in price checking and restocking of drugs.
- Accesses inputs and retrieves prescription information from computer; may trouble shoot and provide support with equipment and systems as required.
- Refers doctors' calls and customers' medical inquiries to Pharmacist.
- Performs related duties as assigned such as: • May direct work closely with and line balance other Pharmacy Technicians
• Monitor production demands and inventory levels during the shift
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; certified with a state or national technical certification organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills