Full Stack Application Developer - CS17
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 02, 2017
Reference ID: 16000QDE
Full-Stack Enterprise Developer – Austin, TX
The Quality Tools team is an innovative full-stack BI shop, exceling at developing best-in-class enterprise web applications and business intelligence solutions across the span of Dell’s end-to-end business. We’re a fiercely collaborative team charged with rapid development and evolution of applications, and driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation and desire to delight our customers.
* Design, develop, and implement web applications delivering self-serve business insights from extremely large data sets.
* Design and develop APIs, database objects, machine learning algorithms, and necessary server-side code to support applications.
* Work closely with team members to quickly integrate new components and features into current application ecosystem.
* Continuously evaluate industry trends for opportunities to utilize new technologies and methodologies, and implement these into the solution stack as appropriate.
* Continually engage customers to identify and prioritize development work to meet evolving needs of the business.
* Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related field.
* 3 years’ experience developing across a full stack, including: database, web server, API, and client-side scripting.
* Good communication skills and ability to drive cross-functional project execution.
* Demonstrated ability to write, tune, and debug performant SQL.
* Experience with related technologies such as C#, .Net, html5, javascipt, SQL Server, TeraData, Hadoop, Spark, and R.
* Demonstrated ability creating rich web interfaces using a modern client side framework.
* Working knowledge of basics statistics concepts.
* Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, and demonstrated ability in applying these effectively in the real-world.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
-Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Engineering - Quality Engineer*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Full Stack Application Developer - CS17*
**Requisition ID:** *16000QDE*