Come join Oracle and help us build the next generation of advanced services for the world's most popular database! We are hiring a team of talented and creative professionals to help us build out our monitoring, management, and provisioning tools for our customer's private database cloud environments. Our web application will utilize the latest technologies to provide a cutting edge, desktop-like user experience in the browser!
For this position, we are seeking a full stack developer to join our growing team in the United States.
* Create RESTful web services using Java
* Collaborate with UI Designer to prototype the user experience during the design phase
* Assist with build and deployment automation scripts
* Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues in the web application
* Expert programmer in Java
* Thorough understanding of Java EE architecture, with a focus on EJBs, JPA, and JAX-RS web services
* Experience writing RESTful web services
* Strong knowledge of SQL and RDBMS database design
* Experience with virtualization technologies like Oracle VM and VMWare
* Have spent time as part of an agile development team (preferably Scrum)
* 5 years of industry experience
* BS/MS in computer science or related field
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.