Location is Trumbull, CT.
Join the ODC/Oracle Data Cloud (formerly Datalogix/Spire) and be part of the team creating innovative and groundbreaking data-driven solutions for Marketing, Sales and Customer Intelligence.
As a Full Stack Engineer , you'll be using your frontend developer expertise to revolutionize the way products and services are sold. We rely on all of our Software Engineers to develop innovative solutions for our digital and offline marketing products. Our solutions will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success with Oracle will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination. Our engineers are grouped into teams that each focus on a specific business line. (We are "truly" agile which means daily stand-ups and two-week iterations.) Engineers that like to share and mentor thrive here, for Oracle offers ample opportunities to move between teams and work on varying business domains and technology challenges.
As a Full Stack Engineer on the Shopper Intelligence team, within Oracle Data Cloud, you will be working to build and enhance the Shopper Intelligence Platform, our web based tool that allows our clients to gain analytics insights into our data. You will help drive our future roadmap and our continual focus on scalability improvements to provide quick, actionable insights though our platform. Strong analytic skills are necessary to help break down problems and provide solutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work as a member of an Agile Software Development Team to help implement new functionality based on business requirements
- Interact with the Oracle business and operations teams and facilitate working through technical implementation and customer service issues.
- Help drive our migration to cloud based data technologies including Qubole, Spark and Hadoop
- Performance test in a high-volume Internet infrastructure
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of relevant work experience with architectural responsibilities for large scale, mission critical production environments
- Client-side technologies\frameworks including Angular, Knockout, React, and Bootstrap
- Strong SQL Server experience
Other experience we look for includes:
- Python, Linux, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, SQL, big data experience
- Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.