Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal Working Capital team is looking for a self-motivated software engineer to join the team and help build low-latency, high-throughput web applications to grow our new platform. The ideal candidate will be a full-stack developer with strong back-end experience in Java, Node.JS, CSS and supporting front-end technologies.
Job Skills Must have
- Work with the Agile/Scrum team to help clarify the new products and features requested by our Product Management group
- Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Collaborate with other developers to design and implement the new applications, frameworks and features within the team backlog
- Participate in pair programming in the delivery of both POC and targeted features
- Understand and apply our technical architecture to ensure consistent, reliable, and secure deployments.
- Enhance and maintain existing product capabilities
- Play an active role in providing feedback and code quality across Agile teams through formal and informal code reviews
- Identify and make recommendations to reduce project risks.
- Actively contribute to the automated test suite to enable continuous integration
- Assist with application deployments in our Cloud environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Enterprise Java and supporting Java frameworks
- Experience with Node.JS and supporting frameworks
- Experience with Dust.js or other templating engines
- Experience with Grunt or other build/packaging systems
- Experience creating user interfaces and addressing cross-browser and backward compatibility issues
- Understanding of key web development concepts (TCP, DNS, HTTP Protocol, SSL/TLS, certificates, etc.)
- Experience with RESTful web services and SOA concepts
- Experience addressing concurrency, transactions, and related run-time application concepts
- Experience developing automated unit, integration and functional test suites
- Experience with Git source control and effective branching and release management practices
- Familiarity with Unix commands and basic Unix scripting
- Familiarity with SQL (preferably Oracle).
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.