Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Compliance team is responsible for the design, development, and support of Compliance APIs that are integrated with key strategic partners. Our solutions need to scale across millions of such interactions, working with petabyte-plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. In PayPal, we develop massively scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability to our business. To achieve this we are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying those back to business needs.
We are always looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You will build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how everything ties together.Responsibilities:
- Lead the end to end execution of compliance initiatives
- Be responsible for practicing technical design, developing new functionality and maintaining existing components
- Deep dive into PayPal's world class compliance systems and algorithms and work side by side with data scientists and analysts on data centric analytic solutions
- Contribute to PayPal's efforts to fight against regulatory violations, using advanced algorithms and technology, while deploying the code you develop into PayPal's live systems, and having a true global effect
- Design and implement highly available and scalable backend software components in Java in the PayPal compliance domain.
- Evaluating third party applications for compliance, tailoring it to PayPal needs and implementing the same.
- Develop automated tests and deliver high quality code to production within a short development cycle in the Continuous Integration and delivery environment.
- Conduct design and code reviews, fix bugs, and resolve production issues
- Provide support for case management, regulatory filings and sanctions program
- Work effectively with globally distributed teams in multiple time zones
- Solid foundational knowledge of computer engineering and intellectual curiosity to understand the business
- At least 5 years solid server-side development with Java
- Solid knowledge of basic algorithms
- At least 3 plus years of fintech experience
- Passion for developing robust, scalable software systems
- Highly motivated, goal driven, Can-do approach
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, team player, ability to multi-task
- Strong OOP skills, ability to analyze requirements and prepare design
- Hands on experience with common open-source and Java EE technologies
- Experience with REST API's, Web Services, Unit Testing, Java Build tools
- Experience with Spring or any web MVC frameworks
- Exposure to Hadoop technologies and Experience in developing Pig scripts in Hadoop.
- Oracle, SQL, JDBC/ORM, JMS, App servers / Servlet containers, Maven/Git/Continuous integration
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.