Full Stack Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if”?
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in software engineering
- At least 2 years experience in JVM based web application development
- Strong understanding in building efficient database and search engine queries
- At least 2 years experience in HTML5 and CSS
- 2+ years of experience building RESTful web services with server-side frameworks like Spring Boot and Play
- 2+ years of experience working with NoSQL and distributed storage technology including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- 1+ year of experience with microservices architecture
- 1+ year of experience with front end technology stack, such as React.js/AngularJS and Babel/TypeScript
- 1+ year of experience with Scala and Groovy languages
- 1+ year of experience in AWS or similar cloud computing environments with infrastructure and configuration management tools like Ansible, Docker, and Mesos
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.