Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. FULL STACK JAVA DEVELOPERMcLean, VAPOSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a Full Stack Java Developer with demonstrated skills in agile software development and leading Scrum Teams. The successful candidate will identify and apply state-of-the-art solutions as part of the overall system design and architecture. The individual will work with members of a diverse project team and participate in the overall design and creation of web-based and other software applications, and coordinates systems engineering, software development, testing certification and accreditation, and integrated logistics support activities. Will provide technical knowledge to the project team, project manager, and customer to ensure the project meets programmatic and functionality goals. The right candidate will direct and work within a Scrum Team to design and develop software, determine interfaces, and conduct /support technical feasibility analyses. Assist and support requirements and implementation analysis, design, development, testing, and enhancement of application software.
The Java Software Developer will work as a software developer on the project, as well as, prepare technical documentation, support customer release reviews and other briefings, as well as, contributing to development and engineering planning. Having a thorough knowledge of coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining software programs is required. A self-motivated, ambitious individual who is extremely comfortable working effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to meet project goals and timelines.Professional Experience Required:
- 6-10 years of in-depth experience creating business related applications leveraging Java technologies
- Must have hands-on experience with Core Java / J2EE application and development skills
- Strong backend development experience (6-10 years)
- Experience with Spring framework and experience with JPA
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Hibernate framework
- Hands-on experience in producing RESTful Web Services
- Must have experience with build tools such as Maven, integrated repositories like Nexus, and version control tools like GitHub and SVN
- Proficient in CI/CD, continuous integration and deployment tools such as, Jenkins (Hudson), uDeploy and Chef
- A demonstrated track record of accomplishing high quality applications and meeting established timelines
- Strong architecture and design skills
- In-depth understanding and experience with SOA, Web Services, XML and JSON
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in developing enterprise web applications
- Experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Good skills in Threading, Serialization, Security and performance optimization
- Deep experience and knowledge of Architectural Patterns and Design Patterns
- Ready to work in dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Able to lead and drive technical solutions
- Front-end Web development experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor of Computer Science Engineering or greater is preferred
- Java certifications are preferred
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R08184
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.