Full Stack Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
What you will do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Write well-crafted, tested, readable and maintainable code that has business value
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
- Participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other engineers
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3+ years’ experience in software development
- At least 1+ years’ experience working with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Compute or Azure
- Experience with open source RDBMS and/or NoSQL systems (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Etcd, Kafka, Cassandra)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 8+ years’ experience in software development
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile practices
- Open source projects or contributions
- Experience with open source RDBMS and NoSQL systems (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Etcd, Kafka, Cassandra)
- Experience with open source container management systems (Kubernetes, Swarm, Nomad, etc)
- At least 1+ years of experience building with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools (CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, CircleCI and/or Drone
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.