Online Technology - Full Stack Developer
Home Depot is building out Online Store Fronts, starting with the Home Decorators Collection website. Online Store Front are unique online experiences built on-top of the hd.com architecture in a way that will allow us to integrate future websites into the Store Front template. The Store Front experience will have a unified checkout, cart, and my account experience while differentiating the brand by defining unique brand components, styles, layouts, etc.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Work with senior engineers, product managers, and customers to clarify user stores, estimate tasks, and deliver quality code within the committed iteration.
- Focus on delivering the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) to product managers and customers as quickly as possible and seek continuous feedback.
- Build fault tolerant applications that leverage user-centric analytics, logging, monitoring, and error handling to drive improved fault tolerance and reliability.
- Build strong relationships that will foster productive, seamless collaboration with the team, product managers, and customers.
- Pair program with team members, achieve total product ownership, gain an understanding of the full stack and be able to support it.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for a full stack developer who has experience with both front end and backend development. Strong communication skills required.
- Familiarity with Extreme Programming methodology, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and pair programming.
- Knowledge of Spring, Backbone, and JQuery preferred.
- Ability to code in multiple languages a plus.
- Experience in developing mobile web sites valuable.
3 -5 years NATURE AND SCOPE -
Position reports to IT Manager
No direct reports KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and testing skills
Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
Ability to work independently with minimal direction ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in Computer Science. ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. TRAVEL -
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!