The Cover Provider believes in excellence and is passionate about providing outstanding patient care and promoting Healthcare Clinic as the premier provider of quality, accessible, and convenient care. The Cover Provider is committed to excellence, best practices, and superior customer service with every patient and will be responsible for providing patient care consistent with Healthcare Clinics' scope of services for patients 18 months or older. Our professional clinics are located within a community retail store and staffed 363 days a year. The Cover Provider will be required to be available in order to be scheduled any day of the week to staff a market of clinics for coverage for paid time off, leave of absence and unanticipated staffing gaps, including moving to unstaffed clinics during the day. The Cover Provider will extend warm, compassionate care to all with a respect for the diversity of all patients. Schedules vary from week to week. Schedules will be posted 45days in advance; timelines may vary based on business need. Clinics are open 7 days a week, 363 days a year and staffed each day by our Providers.
Full-time Status: 30 to 40 hours per week.
- Weekend requirement is up to 3 full weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
Regular Part-time Status: 20 to 29 hours per week.
- Cover Regular Part Time may work as little as zero hours in pay week and may work up to 40 hours in next pay week.
Weekend requirement is up to 3 full weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
• Provides episodic and chronic care, screening and educational support to our Healthcare Clinic patients.
• Participates in a collegial fashion with all wellness services colleagues.
• Supports and follows the most current evidence-based guidelines of practice in providing quality patient care.
• Provides diagnostic screenings and common vaccinations as outlined in Walgreens Healthcare Clinics' evidence-based guidelines.
• Participates in ongoing Quality Assurance audits to include Peer Review, CP Review, Medication Administration review and continuing education.
• Achieves company objectives related to healthcare quality, patient engagement, and financials.
• Advocates clinic services to patients, store customers, and the local community by consistently executing promotional program elements including signage and promotional codes/offers, and conducting local outreach.
• Participates in ongoing nursing education. Maintains current state licensure and national certification. Meets and maintains all legal requirements per state and national statutes to practice within state (for your market) as a Physician Assistant.
• Communicates continuously with Healthcare Clinic's leadership to enhance our patient centric experiences.
• Valid Advanced Practice State License issued by the State Board of Medical Examiners.
• At least 8 months of Physician Assistant clinical experience.
• Experience with pediatric patients (18 months and older).
• Valid accreditation from the ARC-PA or CAHEA or CAAHEP as a Physician Assistant (PA).
• Valid Prescriptive Authority (per state practice requirements).
• CPR Certification.
• Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
• Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Basic business skills that will foster an exceptional patient experience from check-in through check-out (including: cash collection, insurance information gathering) through our EMR.
• Experience with the wellness electronic medical record and information systems.
• Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
• Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
• Willing to travel at least 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the following requirements are required: sitting, standing, talking and hearing.
Other requirements are:
- Work up to a 12 hour shift
- Sit up to 6-8 hours/day
- Stand up to 4-6 hours/day
- Bend to reach supplies/materials occasionally
- Reach with hands and arms in excess of 20 inches frequently throughout the day
- Reach to elevated supplies/materials, occasionally to heights of 72-75 inches, and regularly to heights of 55-65 inches
- Use a step-stool, as necessary, to reach elevated materials
- Lift materials up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Grasp patient diagnosis tools
- Key information into a computer workstation
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.