Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Service Agent. The Service Agent prepares and services vehicles prior to rental including: refueling, cleaning and washing, checking fluids and pressure levels of all vehicles. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
Apart from religious observation, candidates must be able work schedule below:
2:30pm-11:00pm Mon/Tues Off
Looking for candidates with experience as a full or part-time employee as a driver, auto detailer, journeyman, delivery, car-washer, porter.
*We pride ourselves in rewarding hard work; in addition to your hourly wage, you have the opportunity to earn incentives based on your productivity! Ask the Talent Acquisition professional for more information!! Responsibilities:
Inspect vehicle to ensure safety equipment is in working order; lights, tires, brakes, wipers, horn, seat belts, mirrors and back-up lights.
Inspect vehicles for unidentified body damage.
Clean all exterior and interior windows and mirrors and vacuum interior, floor, seats, ashtray and trunk.
Provide positive customer service, including greetings, assistance with luggage and personal belongings, where applicable.
Place items found in vehicles in lost and found. Direct drivers to drop off locations as necessary.
Drive the vehicle from drop off point to service area; drive vehicle through car wash and to ready line as necessary.
Refuel the vehicle and log identification number with fuel needed and mileage.
Ensure that the key tag is properly marked with the correct VIN or Unit number and license plate number.
Maintain a clean and orderly work area and report any unsafe or hazardous conditions.
Complete the out-of-service tag and ensure the vehicle is moved to the maintenance area.
Identify and pull the vehicles that are eligible for turnback, flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have 2 years of prior work experience within the past 6 years
- Customer service, administrative, labor, retail, etc.
- Leadership role in civic or service group, non-profit organization or association, campus or other club (i.e., Rotary, Kiwanis, Junior League, VFW, Chamber of Commerce, student service organization, college clubs)
- Participation as an athlete on a professional, semi-professional or college team athlete
- OR be currently enrolled in college full time for a minimum of 1 year
Must have satisfactory background check inclusive of driving (no more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the last 3 years) criminal, employment reference, education, and social security. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you for employment. Rather, such factors as age and date of conviction, seriousness and nature of the crime, and rehabilitation will be considered.
- In accordance with Washington, DC law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record, and no criminal background checks will be conducted, unless and until a contingent offer of employment has been extended.
- In accordance with Prince Georges County, MD and Montgomery County, MD law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record and no criminal background checks will be conducted until after a successful first interview has been conducted.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job (heavy lifting, vacuuming cars, bending down, moving quickly, and working outside, standing for long periods of time) with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have a valid US driver's license for a minimum of 1 year
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must currently live (or moving within 30 days) in the DC/NOVA area
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work one of the following shifts/schedules:
2:30pm-11:00pm Mon/Tues Off
*We pride ourselves in rewarding hard work; in addition to your hourly wage, you have the opportunity to earn incentives based on your productivity! Ask the Talent Acquisition professional for more information!!
A little about us:
Integrity. Responsibility. Team spirit. At Enterprise, we were founded on the same values that defined your military career.