Grow and engage your skills as a Relief Truck Driver in a Direct Store Delivery (DSD) capacity with Kellogg's! You will be splitting your time between working directly in a distribution center / warehouse setting and delivering some of the world's most beloved products. Work with us to ensure efficient product delivery , while following standard operating procedures and practicing safe work habits. Sharpen your flexible leadership and communication skills by collaborating with many diverse people and perspectives, while being an integral part of the united values and winning culture at Kellogg! WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Relief Truck Driver, you will be part of our success by:
- Some roles may spend a percentage of time delivering product and the other percentage working directly in a warehouse setting (varies by location)
- Delivering CPG Products both locally and overnight to end consumers
Assembling loads for direct store delivery (DSD)
- Hand picking cases to and from a conveyor belt for appropriate palletization using appropriate scanning equipment
- Conducting Inventory and following all sanitation guidelines
- Loading and unloading inbound supply trailers
- Working in a fast paced, team oriented atmosphere to increase efficiencies
- Delivering exceptional customer service by effective communication between sales and store personnel
- Complying with all Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carry Safety Regulations (FMCSR) laws and procedures
- Maintaining a strong safety focus while looking out for the well-being of fellow co-workers
- Report safety opportunities and mechanical issues to your immediate supervisor
Want to learn more about how Kellogg's gets product to market through our distribution and manufacturing channels? Please click the video link below. Be mindful that this video includes highlights of the Relief Truck Driver role as well as other roles within the company.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1n3IE04cI&index=2&list=PLNXLZXjax3jOLYhqU6CZb43mc9kvajrPeQualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in our DSD Relief Driver position, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- No serious moving violations as defined in the FMCSR's in the last three years. (383.51)
- No more than two minor moving violations in the last three years.
- Must have a valid CDL-A
- 3 years verifiable commercial driving experience
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents in the last 5 years and no preventable crashes in the last 3 years
- No more than one non-preventable crash in the last three years
- Must meet all DOT / FMCSR hiring guidelines including drug testing and background checks
- Warehouse experience with the ability to operate pallet jacks and powered industrial jacks (electrical Jacks) , and ability to lift up to 50lbs
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Candidate must pass drug screening and background check
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Strong Customer Service and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Forklift certified with slip-sheet proficiency
- Experience with voice-command order picking software
- Comfortable working in a progressive distribution center environment which includes XRS, DRIVECAM and hand held technology
The ability to work a full shift including night shifts. Come to work on time with the ability to work according to the required schedule. Flexibility to work daily and weekend overtime and holidays as needed. Ability to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation - are an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish
A little about us: