Grow and engage your skills as a CDL-A Truck Driver in a Direct Store Delivery (DSD) capacity with Kellogg's! Lead with us as you will be transporting some of the world's most beloved products from our Distribution Centers to retail consumers. Work with us to ensure efficient product delivery , while following standard operating procedures and practicing safe work habits. Sharpen your flexible leadership and communication skills by collaborating with many diverse people and perspectives, while being an integral part of the united values and winning culture at Kellogg! WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a CDL-A Truck Driver, you will be part of our success by:
- Delivering CPG Products both locally and overnight to end consumers
- Working in a fast paced, team oriented atmosphere to increase efficiencies
- Delivering exceptional customer service by effective communication between sales and store personnel
- Complying with all Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carry Safety Regulations (FMCSR) laws and procedures
- Maintaining a strong safety focus while looking out for the well-being of fellow co-workers
- Report safety opportunities and mechanical issues to your immediate supervisor
Want to learn more about how Kellogg's gets product to market through our distribution and manufacturing channels? Please click the video link below. Be mindful that this video includes highlights of the CDL-A Truck Driver role as well as other roles within the company.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1n3IE04cI&index=2&list=PLNXLZXjax3jOLYhqU6CZb43mc9kvajrPeQualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in our CDL-A Truck Driver position, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Must have a valid CDL-A, and 3 years verifiable commercial driving experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- No serious moving violations as defined in the FMCSR's in the last three years. (383.51)
- No more than two minor moving violations in the last three years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents in the last 5 years and no preventable crashes in the last 3 years
- No more than one non-preventable crash in the last three years
- Must meet all DOT / FMCSR hiring guidelines including drug testing and background checks
- Ability to operate pallet jacks and powered industrial jacks (electrical Jacks) and ability to lift up to 50lbs
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Comfortable working in a progressive distribution center environment which includes XRS, DRIVECAM and hand held technology
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
The ability to work a full shift including night shifts. Come to work on time with the ability to work according to the required schedule. Flexibility to work daily and weekend overtime and holidays as needed. Ability to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation - are an essential function of this position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish